19 July 2013

Things I'm Loving 19.7.13



I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is.

Petite Kitchen
If you haven't visited Petite Kitchen yet, hopefully these gorgeous looking pictures of some of her creations will entice you over. I've had an absolute ball these past few weekends, baking up a storm Petite Kitchen recipes. From top left clockwise is the Raw Apricot and Coconut Fudge Slice, Raw Lemon and Coconut Truffles, Old Fashioned Gingerbread Loaf, and Sticky Date, Ginger and Almond Brownie.


I've pinned a whole bunch of other Petite Kitchen recipes that I can't wait to try out on future weekends too. The best part is that pretty much every recipe is sugar free, dairy free AND gluten free. And they taste fanastic too - bonus!

Call the Midwife
Call me a little slow to the party, but I've only just recently discovered the fantastic drama that is Call The Midwife. I watched an episode a few weeks back when I was out babysitting for some friends and got hooked after one episode. It was actually re-runs of the first series, and the 2nd series starts again this Sunday night on TV1 at 8.30pm - now that I've convinced Mark to watch it and we're totally caught up, I can't wait for the new series to start. It is equally gritty, funny, dark, sad, hopeful, and gripping. It's based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth who was a midwife in the east end of London (read abject poverty) in the 1950's.


Tell me, I'm keen to know - have you ever watched the series and what did you think?

Avici - Wake Me Up
Mark shared this song with me last week - it's a goodie. I love a song that has a positive, uplifting beat and good lyrics - and this one surely delivers. The beautiful scenery is candy for the eyes throughout as well.


A cup a day
Loving my nightly lemon, honey, ginger, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar concoctions that seem to be as good a remedy as any against all the worst winter wants to throw my way.


A light tipple
Over the past year or so I've been developing quite the sweet tooth when it comes to wine. I love me a good dessert wine but also a light bubbly wine will do equally as well if you were going to treat me - just sayin. My most recent discovery has been the range of low-alcohol Moscato wines by Brown Brothers. A bit too easy to drink in my opinion so it's a good thing they're only 7%!



Snapped
Caught in the act - one little tacker trying on Mum's new boots. I'm sure he'll be embarrassed as heck when this photo comes out when he's a grown up but I just love that right now he thinks it's COOL to be like me.


Naki Bound
This weekend we're off on a flying visit to the Naki to see our Gee Gee. It's only a quick trip up and back but we shall enjoy the time we have, hoping to get along to the Pioneer Village in Stratford, and hopefully a meal out at the Stratford Mountain House too as Gee Gee has been wanting to take us for simply aaaaages. Oh I do love me a good road-trip - and you know what that means - photo bombing of Instagram, Facebook and the blog to follow! Ha ha - you know it's practically impossible for me not to.

I hope whatever you have planned for your own weekend it is full of fun, family times despite what the winter weather might cook up for us here in NZ!

Here's how you can join in this week:

Link up below with your blog post telling us what you're loving, and grab the Things I'm Loving button below for your post too. Don't forget to share the love by visiting all the other lovelies who have joined in - the linky is open till same time next week!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments :

A little bit country said...

We are a Petite Kitchen household too. Our favourite is the Chia Seed Breakfast pudding. Love the pic of your little guy in you red boots! Have a great weekend xo

Curious Runner said...

I LOOOOVE me some petite kitchen cooking! I made the apricot slice and the lemon balls this week too... YUM! And Moscato... Mmmm, my fave! Takes me back to my Italian days. Love the things you are loving too :)

PaisleyJade said...

I love Call the midwife - watched the original series and I can't wait for the next one!

Katie said...

Great list - I love Call the Midwife too - can't wait for the 2nd series. My Nan was having babies in London in the 50's so it feels like looking back on my family history!

Bron said...

Love the boots trying little one...and love "call the midwife" I have yet to find somewhere to watch season two...might have to buy the series myself.

Off to check out those yummy looking recipes. Have a super fun weekend. xxx

remaliah said...

Yum, I've bookmarked some of those recipes and want to have a look through the website! I tried your amaze-balls recently and they were delicious! We recently discovered the Jacob's Creek Moscato Rosé and it's a nice dessert wine too (well, I can tell by the tiny sips I've allowed myself!). Hope you're having a great weekend xx

jacksta said...

I just finished off some moscato this week...my taste buds must be changing..because it was starting to get too sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails